AIM: The aim of this course is to provide the candidate with a theoretical knowledge and the practical skills; to recognize the risks of unsafe practices involved in manual handling as required by the Manual Handling Regulations. The candidate will be able to identify handling hazards and conduct manual handling tasks safely and demonstrate competence.
OBJECTIVES: By the end of this course each candidate will:
• Become aware and show an understanding of the relevant legislation
• State their responsibilities under the legislation
• Complete a Risk Assessment for the activity
• Demonstrate correct manual handling
• Registration • Introduction • Legislation • Risk assessment • Practical exercise and assessment • Theory exercise and assessment.