AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
• To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
• Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
• Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
• Introduction, course aims and objectives.
• Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
• Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
• How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
• How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
• The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
• How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
• The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
DURATION: Half day