IOSH training in Gurdaspur
Effective health and safety management is not about preventing workers from getting tasks done. On the contrary it highlights ‘we have a job to do, and this is how we do it safely’. That is what IOSH Managing Safely is all about.
The three-day course is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector or organisation. The knowledge learned on the course is transferrable to any industry. Candidates who complete the course will be fully up to speed on the practical actions they need to take and how to tackle health and safety issues for which they have responsibility.
Here are five reasons why it is a really good move to send managers and supervisors on the IOSH Managing Safely course:
• The participants will learn how to meet their legal responsibilities with regards to health and safety law.
• Participants will be made fully aware of their own responsibilities and accountabilities for health and safety management.
• They will learn how to identify anything with the potential to cause harm and will be able to apply the hierarchy or risk control to eliminate or reduce the risk so far as is reasonably practicable.
• Candidates will have a comprehensive understanding on common hazards and how to manage them.
• Upon completion the candidates will be motivated to apply everything they have learned on the course to their workplace and thus play a positive role in improving the health and safety performance and culture of their organisation.
This course is delivered on behalf of ETT by Nicola Penman Training, IOSH Centre number 4451. As a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner holding a Master’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety from Queens University, Nicola has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share on the course.
This course has been designed to provide participants with an excellent and memorable learning experience. You can expect personal engagement and some group interaction aimed at equipping and motivating the application of the outcomes to the goal of achieving a healthier and safer workplace.
Health and Safety at work is as important now, as ever. Organisations who embrace their responsibilities will reap the benefits of greater safety outcomes, higher productivity, lower absenteeism and less staff turnover. Being able to evidence good health and safety performance will enhance your company’s reputation and highlight you as an ‘employer of choice’.